This Friday the zoning commission is having a meeting to discuss the recommendation to the county to change the ag reserve from Boca to Lantana west of the turnpike from Ag to Residential. This will change your ability to keep bees and cause a huge increase in the property taxes for those that own land in the area.

This Friday 6/12 there is a 9am meeting at the Vista Center building at 2300 N. Jog Rd West Palm Beach, FL
That is on Jog road just North of Okeechobee blvd.

If you keep bees or have land in this area you will want to come to this meeting. This meeting will have a county commission meeting that follows about 2 weeks later, info to follow on that.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200609/group-says-if-changes-o...

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brenden and Krista, I have emailed your post to all 800 members of PBCBA.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Thank you. I appreciate this a great deal.

Is there an item number on the agenda for this meeting that we can actually look at the wording? Also, you mentioned that this is being proposed (by whom; developer, lobbyist, county staff)? What are the actual boundaries that they are looking to rezone as you mentioned west of the turnpike to what boundary (Lyons Road, 441, or beyond)? Is there a possibility that an exception can be granted to existing Ag use properties, or grandfathering in? We are going to look into this, but if you have some of this information, we would be grateful. Thank you.

Does anyone know where the agenda backup material is located?

My apologies for not getting back to you in time. I am putting up a separate post to describe what happened at the meeting. Basically 3 areas of land wanted to develop housing and get around the exemptions on density and land preservation. It would cause a huge issue as the developers who did abide by the rules would then turn around and sue.

Fortunately, the planning commission voted to deny all three exemption requests. Unfortunately it goes to the county board in about two weeks.  

Melissa McGuaghey-Moyroud said:

Is there an item number on the agenda for this meeting that we can actually look at the wording? Also, you mentioned that this is being proposed (by whom; developer, lobbyist, county staff)? What are the actual boundaries that they are looking to rezone as you mentioned west of the turnpike to what boundary (Lyons Road, 441, or beyond)? Is there a possibility that an exception can be granted to existing Ag use properties, or grandfathering in? We are going to look into this, but if you have some of this information, we would be grateful. Thank you.

Most of the material can be found on the county planning commission website.

http://discover.pbcgov.org/pzb/planning/Pages/Planning-Commission-A...

Dixie Thiery said:

Does anyone know where the agenda backup material is located?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Palm Beach County Beekeepers.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service